Thursday, October 31, 2013

If I had the patience of a billion years

I'd watch the mountains strong and still knowing they're fragile and insecure
I'd swim the oceans and their vast mysteries knowing they're future puddles
I'd see the sunset, tantalizing and serene knowing that even a star has growing pains
I'd look into the wild eyes of animals knowing their spirits return to the universe
I'd see the earth spray rain and wind knowing that it's just talking back
I'd stare at the moon spinning round and round knowing it will eventually spin out like a tired top

I'd stand by a man and know that the evil in his heart is just a mere rash on his soul
I'd stand by a grave until the soul escaped and the gravestone crumbled
I'd stand with statues and obelisks waiting 'til they fit neatly in my windowsill
I'd stand underneath the largest trees and water them like my very own flower garden
I'd stand next to my friends and enemies until we all reached a common goal
I'd stand with my love for ever and ever

No comments: