Thursday, December 11, 2014

Technical Difficulties with Rural Interwebs

The night without internet - panic!
but i found the old iPod, whew ;)
S^$#!!!, punctuation matters so much in this age.
LOL
Fuhreel bro
Phew… the newspapers left on the table were published recently
so that’s cute
And helpful, fo’sho!

The fire flickers like internet ads
Except the fire doesn’t say mean things like
“You’re fat and old and ugly and unsuccessful and unloved
“Click me, Bro, click me.”
But I would love a six pack
Of beer, obviously.
But it would be cool to be really attractive with the abs too.
Like that “six pack”, if you weren’t following closely here. 
I think people are lying if they disagree with that.
Being pretty has always been cause for envy
Stupid bitches.

But with no email or Facebook updates
I twitch slightly less
Its a little unbearable but my old iPod
Does have so many old mixes - you could get lost in the past
I just picked up a book in fact
One my father asked me to read
Oh, reading for longer than the internet lets you
Again, uncomfortable - prefer my international news articles
… and blogs, I love random smart people blogs too, short and sweet!
But I remember this - days of yore and Sh$%
(always mindful of punctuation)
Like no internet and all radio and newspapers - printed words on a page
Soooo 2006.
To think I even used to be a lawyer.

Am I like an old rabbi in a foreign land?
“What do you mean there is no bible in this house?  Torah?”
I wish I had the internet to check that fact.
Anyway, it’s discomforting, to stare at an absence of progress
And you wonder, “How can this be considered sophisticated?”
“What is this life without our technological advancements?”

After the wine and the grilled beef and the glance at the stars
It seems pretty clear that all our distractions
Do inevitably lead to the same questions:
“What the hell am I doing here?”
Well thank God, when the internet’s down, it’s at a winery
Where intellectual conundrums are swapped freely with morning headaches

And some peace of mind.

No comments: