Thursday, November 30, 2017

Comfort

do i understand death for the first time?
is it the passing?
like the friends that aren't coming back?
after college, or the move, or the transfer or the the wedding?
the dear collapse of the day to day love?
is that a that the death that lives in the passing of love gone by?
when I say goodbye like they tell me to say goodbye?
then do I suppose for the first time that I actually believe it is goodbye?
an ode to goodbye?
as if the naiveté of youth disguised the truth that we are only on the stage?
but for that fleeting moment?
and whether the drama is worth the time in the globe?
the time we experience is that always the same?
and the love that is true between two people is absolute unto them?
and when I say goodbye is that burial of my feelings?
or the acknowledgment that our moment in time was forever?

No comments: