Tuesday, August 8, 2017

I Was Promised Some Rhyme

So I set out to string
Together some words
A few rings 
Of some things
With some splurge 
Of a Surge
To the limerick
On the tongue making tricks
That makes you think 
That a stick
That is stuck
Or is struck
Will stink 
Or shrink
And won't amount to much.

...You run off some words
A little language here
It sounds ok -
Neither here nor there 
But things flicker and move
For each syntax and sound
And each word that soothes
Is music calming us down.

You think a silly wink or a quick witted line
Can make her yours, make money, save time
And you listen to try and copy the winds
Those dying at your doorstep ashamed of your sins
You beg that the meaning could touch your ears
With no trust and no faith there's nothing to hear.
Make no mistake I spend little time on the facts
I work quickly to make these ditties dance
Which I find more important than citing the scholars
I'd rather play and be merry than focused on dollars
These little phrases spinning the gears in my head
Should I paralyze those free spinning dreams instead?

A dancer in flight has control as she lands
These things I do are similarly planned
But its not really important that each word
Land on the syntax as planned
I'd rather just move the air about and watch,
Not worry as to what's planned.
Just keep repeating the disparate notions
Aloft in my head is all that's planned.
To make those plans and keep those plans,
Is that's all that's planned?
I wanted dancing, drinking and singing with a band
If they aren't, well I'd rather those things were planned.

No comments: