Monday, August 7, 2017

Mammals

I woke up on the wheel today-
The ride isn't so bad some days.
Sometimes, on a Monday morning
I get up and eat a piece of cheese;
Maybe I grab some crumbs in the kitchen.
I don't get too full, I save that for later
Because after I get to work
I have to worry about other things.
Sometimes I get scattered;
People ask me lots of things
At different times - I lose track.
Luckily they remember to feed me -
In the middle of the day the food is put out;
We all come to same place;
We nudge and bump each other -
As we fill plates of food and go back
Where the wheel needs spinning.
The afternoon is spent finishing
All the wheel spins that need spinning.
Eventually I get tired,
Everyone else gets tired of their wheels
At around the same time everyday,
Then we all get in our cars and drive home
To get up and do it again the next day.

No comments: