Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Never Ignorant, Getting Goals Accomplished

Rip rap flows
Inside domes
Letting go
You don't know
As if you did,
I saw you hid, kid
That's what you did
Quicksickle
Lyrical
Did I once here the word Dicksickle?
If this will
Sit inside your mind
A timed bomb
A thrill ride.
Don't stop 
As the freestyle could
Would should
Did dude
Hood wood
Fool, feel the good
That thud
Those slugs
In the forest
In the game
In jungle
All the same
Say dudes
From whence they came
Like growns up
In the project
Don't forget the steps
That were set 
Before we got to rep
Those ripped away talents
The stripped away pageants
Mowed down by sergeants
Lieutenants, generals, emperors
Ephemerel lechers
Twisted whimpers
In noose drawn embers
Like cross sawn endeavors
To trick Medger Evers
But the point does stick
In the craw that you lick
Real thick it gon' pick
And eat away at you.
That this little dance
Like some tip toe blues
That woos that woozy
Spirit back up the roof
Moonlight drowns
Where the city sounds
Sparkle right before your eyes
The ears hear so much
That the sight of light
Hits a sound wave
Across a cave
Those cavernous streets
Where the tenements cross
And the neighbors meet, greet, seat
Be discrete
A loss that costs a very real price
A time passes and gone off
At too steep a price
Like an auctioneers own take
The point that I make 
Or hope to impart
With some escape 
Before I depart
Is that I ride
On a wave
Of so many before
A slide to my grave
From the words of this whore
That I steal
I study
And reveal something
That has been said again
and before
Like rainclouds and storms
Coming and going
Like they've gone before
So little, no cunning
Just jumping ashore
To get to land
Where I can identify
Some feet in the sand
And I want to signify
I want to stand
And stand
Stand.
And my feet ruffle the cirlces
Like puddles eternal
Still time so brief
For others much briefer
And I must appreciate
What came before me here. 

No comments: